Friday, January 17, 2014

Allons-y!

As for me?  I try to define myself with a combination of them all, but what defines me most is my interests. I have more hobbies than I can keep up with. I dabble a little bit on guitar, I love to read and write. In fact, as soon as I have a period of time that I am not taking 16-20 credit in a semester I hope to write my fifth novel. I am a dork at heart. I can have philosophical conversations about Star Wars, see historical parallels in the Justice League, and can relate just about anything to Doctor Who (of which I am a big fan of to those who may not have gotten the reference in my username.)

Those are only part of who I am, though. An important part, the personal part. But there is the professional part as well. I have been a paramedic for a few years so have a divine interest in medicine. I also have an extreme interest in aviation. But we all knew that, right? That's why we're here. That's why we take out loans, admire airports, and spend late night night studying. It's why we make the sacrifices we make. And I fall into that category as well. There is nothing like the feeling of being in the sky--escaping into it, really--and enjoying that happy balance of serenity and excitement.

As our education begins to come toward an end, though is where we really start to fly. This is where we really go throttle full and watch for our rotation speed. But who I am is more than just a pilot. I'm a paramedic. I'm a Whovian. I'm an author. So as I pitch up and begin this new career I want to remember those things


We all are about to embark on an adventurous journey. We are all about to see where our wings take us. I, for one, hope to embrace it. And enjoy not only the flying, but everything that comes with me. All of the things that define me. So let's all enjoy it. And take off with every bit of our selves. Here's to escaping into the sky: Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment